selling customers

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@calcna.ab.ca
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 05:40:33 -0600 (MDT)

	Friends,

	It sounds to me like this is not a "referral" but a technician
reducing his work load, perhaps phasing himself out because of age. Surely
this is a common practice.
	In my experience, the best way to do this, as long as you are
dealing with a trustworthy person, is to hand over the list, let the new
technician advertise himself as your "Associate" with your phone number so
that your old customers can call you and confirm that this change is on
the "up and up", then expect him to pay you for each customer who makes
the change and uses his services.
	I have paid as high as $15 per customer on this plan but I felt it
was worthwhile since I did not have to pay for any "dead wood". This deal
sounds good to me.

	Ken Burton "Doctor Piano" Calgary Alberta