Piano - Definition

Alan W Deverell aland@casa.co.nz
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 10:13:00 +1200

I have today posted this question to "Piano-L" which is the forum for
Pianists and Teachers etc. Time for some SERIOUS Fun?

How do you "Piano-Tech" people describe / define the piano?

Perhaps you have discussed this before, but, I am prompted to seek a
list of Technicians, Tuners and Re-builders perspectives on this very
COMPLEX Instrument.

Here is a start:

The Piano is:

1) A big/large wooden box full of imperfections!
2) A TONE machine TRANSPARENT to musical intention
3)
4)
5)
.
.

Please add new definitions and stir as appropriate (comedy permitted).

AlanD (seeking the perfect piano - is it a reality?)