Restringing just the bass

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 21:07:59 EDT

<< One thing we all forgot about is tuning pin torque.

 It's probably pretty good, especially in humid Washington, but backing
 out each pin three turns could reduce the torque in the area of the
 piano that tends to suffer from loose pins first in the long term.

 How many of you would back out the pins only one turn and use a dummy
 pin?  How many would use oversize pins?

 Carl >>

Good point, Carl.  In this case, since it is a relatively new piano, I would
do the former, and use a dummy pin to coil, and only turn out the pins one
turn.

Willem