Brass butt problem

Robert B Edwardsen edwardsn@rpa.net
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 06:51:00 -0400

If the brass is not cracked my experience has been that sometimes the pin is not
quite lined up and that makes the butt really loose, other times I have found small
cracks/splits in the wood of the butt below the felt lined pin hole allow the butt
to have a little wobble.

I would imagine brass is pretty easy to mold since it has a pretty low melting
point compared to Stainless Steel.

Rob Edwardsen, RPT