What would YOU do?

Cornelius Van Den Handel cvandenhandel@aviall.com
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 17:15:20 -0500

I believe two factors which have increased public awareness of the PTG and
RPT's are the Internet and Larry Fine's book.  One of the first sites any
piano lover finds on the Internet is www.ptg.org, which certainly educates
the public on piano maintenance and the value of RPT's, and refers people
to local PTG sites as well.  Or look at the presence of RPT's on a public
forum such as rec.music.makers.piano, where Keith McGavern, Frank Weston,
John Musselwhite and others temper the more outrageous comments of the
non-technical contributors.

"The Piano Book" is another major factor; Mr. Fine constantly mentions the
need for quality maintenance and the value of professional technicians.

You are seeing the benefits of good "public relations", in my opinion.

For what it's worth!
Cork Van Den Handel

David Ilvedson, RPT wrote:

< I think that slowly but surely the name PTG is getting into the
< public's mind along with RPT.  PTG has been in the promotion
< business for quite awhile since Fern Henry's presidency and I
< for one am glad to see it.  I get many calls asking if I'm an
< RPT or in the Guild.  Of course my ad in the Yellow Pages, which
< by the way easily pays for itself, promotes my membership with
< the official logo and my answering machine says I am a
< Registered Piano Technician.