FW: Tuning Duplex

Wed, 17 Jun 1998 07:35:31 -0500

>>   ...   One note in the treble of a Baldwin Model L poor harmonic content...
>>and low duration of sustain.
  Now fix the problem, with out removing the action/////////
>> Any other takers??????????

>>Susan this sounds like one of your riddles!!!!!

If the subject wasn't limited to duplex tuning, I'd look for an elongated
wedge damper (bi- or especially tri-) not clearing the strings.  I've got
scissors which can get in there and trim vestigial felt.

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer		Office - (319) 387-1204
Luther College                         Music Dept Fax - (319) 387-1076
700 College Drive
Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045             hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu

Ignorance doesn't kill you, but it will make you sweat a lot. - Haitian proverb