Standing on shoulders

mitchkiel@olywa.net mitchkiel@olywa.net
Wed, 17 Jun 98 13:35:57 -0000

Bill Maxim wrote
>My decision to acquire an ETD soon represents a change in my thinking.  In
>the
>past I have agreed with customers who were critical of the efforts of
>technicians who depended on one.  It seems to me that if an ETD would
>pinpoint
>my inconsistencies (e.g., inconsistent stretch on octaves) and give me some
>objective help in making them consistent, it would allow me to keep the sweet
>in pursuit of the dry.  And in the process speed me through days when I am
>tuning scads of pianos in an institution.
>
>Just my thoughts.
>
>Bill Maxim, RPT

Bill,
   This is the one of the most intelligent statements I've ever read
about how ETDs should be regarded and used. Thanks.
  With such a great attitude, I think you'll quickly learn how
to take advantage of an ETD to strengthen your own
obviously strong aural skills. I look forward to hearing more
about your experience learning to use an ETD.

Mitch