Piano Valuations

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 06:06:39 -0400

Alan W Deverell wrote:

        <snip>

> 1) Do any of you Tuners or Technicians etc. HAVE or see utility in
> such a valuation tool ?

..Hi Alan..

..you said *ANY* Tuners or Technicians..this Tech does..i appraise at
least one a week, mostly to help the owner determine what a fair market
value for the instrument is..

..I've also been asked to appraise for insurance purposes, to determine
what the *replacement value* is..this, to me, is a tough one..

..does anyone else here see the difference..?..is there a difference
between fair market value and replacement value?..me thinks so.

> 2) Would it be desirable to have this as a tool on the Internet ? -
> you just enter the variables and back comes a notional value.

..personally, no..potentially, it would take away business from me..I know
it's a selfish statement, but that's how I feel..if the arguement is
strong against me, I can be *corrected* in my stance..

..Alan, you bring up an interesting subject..looking forward to seeing the

Phil Bondi