Piano Valuations

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 07:48:36 +0000

To the List, and PTG.

Alan W Deverell wrote:

> 2) Would it be desirable to have this as a tool on the Internet ? -
> you just enter the variables and back comes a notional value.

This would be a tremendous service.  I think the guild should have on
its' website a place where all techs can simply report each sale of a
piano they see.  A rating of 1-10 could be given for each aspect of the
piano (finish, soundboard, action, tone etc.) along with the selling
price and age.  This database would quickly become huge, and would be
sorted by make, model, age to do a search. This would make our
appraisals much more credible and consistent.
-Mike Jorgensen RPT