Dealing with small children

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 12:16:04 -0400

IMO, Bill Ballard gets the prize for accuracy on this particular incident.
Call
it gender discrimination or gender 'assumptions' on the part of the owner.
While I agree with Lisa's concerns for the child (or apparent lack by the
parental unit), I think Lisa has landed on an alternate means of generating
revenue. Allowing for the possibility of the same amount of ear fatigue:
forget
tuning, do the math, and recognize this a "premium" baby-sitting service! We
provide our own transportation, don't watch TV, don't raid refrigerators,
don't
abuse telephone privileges, or any of the other, more common perks. That's
worth something in dollars!

> I often tune in homes with small children.  Many times the mother or baby-
> sitter leaves the children in the room with me.  Once a woman even left
her 6
> month old baby propped up with a pillow on a blanket on the floor near me
and
> went out to the backyard to trim the hedges.  The baby amazed me by ...
[cut]

Jim Harvey, RPT
harvey@greenwood.net