TOURBUS - 23 June 1998 - Best of Tourbus: Y2K

Terry Beckingham Terry_Beckingham@mbnet.mb.ca
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 21:39:38 -0500 (CDT)

David,

I haven't downloaded any programs to check it out yet. However if I type in
the date as Dec. 31, 1999 at 11:59 p.m. and then reboot, mine comes up with
a date of Jan. 1, 1980. I did find that if I entered the CMOS setup when it
is booting up, I can change the date to Jan. 1, 2000. Then when I shut it
down and boot up again and type in DATE, it comes up with the date Jan. 1,
2000. I guess the CMOS is compliant as it has 4 digits for the year, but
perhaps the BIOS isn't. Go figure!

Terry Beckingham