"the piano tuner never shows up..."

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 18:01:09 -0500

Jay Mercier wrote:

> Being fairly new to this business (5 years), many of my jobs have landed
> simply because other piano tuners have not "showed up for the job."  I
> had a customer complain last week that Mr. "B" not only didn't show up
> once but after calling him and he apologizing and making sure he'd be
> there next time, he also failed to show up the second time.  The
> customer was irate because he waited around and lost some hours at work.
>
> I've heard this story from about 20 other customers too.  I've also
> heard this from customers regarding other tuners.  And both tuners are
> RPTs.
>
> Why does this happen?

Jay:

I haven't heard of this problem in my area.  It's a little surprising
that you have TWO persons who are poor at this.  Why?  Mostly likely
they're just not very well organized, although I suppose it could show
they are thoughtless or just don't care.  In any case,  you can show how
well _you_ keep appointments, and your clients will appreciate you!

Clyde Hollinger