"the piano tuner never shows up..."

Pianotoone@AOL.COM Pianotoone@AOL.COM
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 19:05:46 EST

In a message dated 10/27/98 6:16:35 PM EST, cedel@redrose.net writes:

<< Jay Mercier wrote:

 > Being fairly new to this business (5 years), many of my jobs have landed
 > simply because other piano tuners have not "showed up for the job."  I
 > had a customer complain last week that Mr. "B" not only didn't show up
 > once but after calling him and he apologizing and making sure he'd be
 > there next time, he also failed to show up the second time.  The
 > customer was irate because he waited around and lost some hours at work.
 >
 > I've heard this story from about 20 other customers too.  I've also
 > heard this from customers regarding other tuners.  And both tuners are
 > RPTs.
 >
 > Why does this happen?

I have obtained much of my work as a result of at least three tuners in my
area who do not return phone calls.  I can't understand this either, but am
grateful.  I even had on widow who left her husbands "piano tuning" ad in the
yellow pages for 4 years after he had passed away.  Go figure.

Dick Day
Marshall MI