"the piano tuner never shows up..."

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 19:18:43 EST

<< Being fairly new to this business (5 years), many of my jobs have landed
 simply because other piano tuners have not "showed up for the job."  I
 had a customer complain last week that Mr. "B" not only didn't show up
 once but after calling him and he apologizing and making sure he'd be
 there next time, he also failed to show up the second time.  The
 customer was irate because he waited around and lost some hours at work.

 I've heard this story from about 20 other customers too.  I've also
 heard this from customers regarding other tuners.  And both tuners are
 RPTs.

 Why does this happen?  I think scheduling is lock stock and barrel isn't
 it?
 Any comment on this is greatly appreciated.

 Jay Mercier   CPT >>

There are two piano techs in St. Louis, neither a member of the PTG, who have
reputation of not showing up for appointments, being late to appointments, and
not returning phone calls. I don't know how these guys stay in business, but I
have gotten quite a few customers from them. I don't know why they do it, but
it does give all of us a bad name.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis.