Technical #3

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 08:09:22 -0600 (CST)

At 09:46 PM 10/29/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi again:
>
>My friend also wonders if the aliquots can be jarred out of position when
>a piano is riding in a truck and hits a pot hole on the streets of New York.
>Any ideas, anyone?
>
>Jim Coleman, Sr.

Yes. Any pothole over 12 feet deep (see? #13 is unlucky) can raise Hobb with
aliquot placement. With pothole depths under 12 feet, other phenomena such
as a transient runaway cold fusion reaction melting the plate, or a mover
clandestinely experimenting with tuned duplexes, must be present to manifest
any noticeable relocation of the aliquots. He needen't worry about it. A far
bigger problem is the settling of all the pencils, paper clips, lesson
stickers, post cards, toys, guitar picks, and pennies into the bass end of
the action. That's why it's always best to plan on a follow up pencillectomy
after a move.

P.S. Keep a close eye on the leg and lyre bolts. They tend to evaporate when
you aren't watching them.

 Ron