Technical #5

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:02:56 -0600 (CST)

>I am putting these questions on in an attempt to help get the list back to
>the more interesting things.
>
>Jim Coleman, Sr.

Great! I'll play too. I tuned an Acrosonic and a Hamilton studio yesterday
and took note of where the little 'hash' marks, cast into the plate just
below a row of tuning pins through tenor and treble, fell in the scale. The
Acrosonic had them at the C's and F#'s and the Hamilton had them at F#3,
A#4, D4, F#4, A#5, C6, G#6, and E7. Chip tuning guide markers, I presume?
What other patterns were used on different pianos, and why?

 Ron