Creating TuneLab files?

Frank Weston klavier@annap.infi.net
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 12:18:24 -0400

1.  Measure selected notes.

2.  Determine which partials you want to match in what ranges.

3.  Use the graphic editor, select the partials you want, match the notes
by moving them around with the cursor.

4.  Smooth the curve.

5.  Tune the piano.

I realize that I have eliminated a lot of detail, but TL is fairly
intuitive if you understand what your are about.  Never forget that the
objective is to produce a tuning that is pleasing to the ear, not
necessarily theoretically or graphically perfect.  No matter what I try,
the bass always sounds best to me when tuned purely by ear.

Frank Weston