Has it begun again?

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Tue, 01 Sep 1998 15:46:41 -0400

[Lost thread reply flood -- catching up]

Del, I too attended this presentation, and other than a Three Stooges
sampling, what you quoted was what I carried away from that presentation.
My recall is something like "the acoustic piano will be obsolete by 1991."
I was in a rather warm and very crowded booth at a NAMM show. Could you
have been there at the same time?

Regardless, I've used the reference several times when forced to make
analogies between "traditional" and, ah, "contemporary" instruments.

At 07:46 AM 8/26/98 -0700, you wrote, in part:
> -- one of his statements was something like,
>"Within ten years no more traditional pianos will be built.  The 'acoustic'
>piano is now totally obsolete."

Jim Harvey, RPT
harvey@greenwood.net