Lost thread FLOOD

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Tue, 01 Sep 1998 18:47:09 -0400

Dear list,

My apologies for the flood of replies. As mentioned earlier, I missed
reading (seeing) a lot of messages due to fooling around with the features
of my mail reader. Some of these messages seemed to indicate a response
from me -- if for no other reason than one of courtesy. Since I've spent
quit a bit of time on this today, I hope there is something of substance in
the various replies -- not just noise and wasted bandwidth.

Now that I know this can happen, I'll try to be more observant, consistent
*and* considerate in the future. At least for the moment I can see the top
of the list of unread messages -- they're not hidden off-screen.

I even managed a visit to Andy's web page, as promised!

Thanks for your tolerance.

Jim Harvey, RPT
harvey@greenwood.net
 -- someone who's been in the field too long.