: Tec needed for a challenge

Andy&Chris Taylor tempola@swbell.net
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 16:27:30 -0500

Barrie wrote:
Hi

I have been requested to find a Tec in the Louisiana area or close.

The job is to rebuild a birdcage piano. just keep the case put in new
strung back assembly, action and keys in to the old case.  Turn piano in
to a new piano.  I have done one here in the UK along time ago used a
Russian back and action we just did it for the hell of it god know were
it went I think a dealer in Spain bought it.

Barrie,  it can be done! does the customer have a pocket full of
money???<grin>

I can buy the "guts" to the  new 44'' Story & Clark pianos if the piano is
taller, is might end up with lots of room in the case, but shouldn't hurt
anything.
looks like you need a strung back, a keyframe, keys & action. what is the
height & with of the old back? is it a full 88 note or one of those
oddballs?

Best Regards
Andy & Chris Taylor
"The Lone Arranger"