perplexing problem

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 09:16:03 EDT

Greetings,
>I feel that I
>could go ahead and charge extra within the proposal for plugging but
>reweighing, (something I've not done before), couldn't be worked in
>to a nominal increase over the original estimate.

     It seems that the first re-weighing job a technician does should be on a
suitable test piano, not on a paying customer's Steinway B.
    If you are not familiar with the geometry, and the metrology of the
Steinway action, and must deal with an altered one for your first time, I
suggest that you call in someone experienced with this sort of problem, and
pay them for their advice.

> Can
I assume that these leads were removed for a legitamate reason
No

>Am I being too paranoid?
No
Regards,