like mother like daughter

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 09:50:26 EDT

Last week my in-house technician, Claudia, told me her 9 year daughter would
like to follow in her mother's footsteps, and also become a piano technician.

This got me thinking. I know there are a lot of sons who followed their
fathers, and even grandfathers, into the business. And there might even be
daughters who learned from fathers. But are there any daughters who have
followed their mother in the business. I don't mean teenagers working part
time while living at home. This would be women who basically learned the trade
from their mother, and are working full time, or even part time, as a piano
technician.

There is no underlying reason for the inquiry, other than just curiosity.

Willem Blees.