matchiing key color

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 00:38:45 EDT

<<
     The piano in question was a Lesage ( similar to Bell pianos ) circa
 1922.  The material to cover keys was a soft type of plastic.  It was
 strangely colored, and had almost a smoky, green cast to it.  Very odd
 looking beside the white.

     Anyway, my question involves matching colors.  Does anyone have a
 method for doing some type of key coloring so that a one or two top
 replacement does not glare out from the keyboard?  Any help in this
 matter would be greatly appreciated.

 Tom Dickson

 Regina, Sask., Canada

 When I used to smoke (thank God I quit), tobacco smoke would help dull the
keys. Perhaps other types of smoke may help, but I will leave that to the
list.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR