where do the broken needles go? (ping goes the string)

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 00:38:47 EDT

<<
  IMHO they're hazardous enough to merit a special trip to the waste
 basket or a pretty good search.   Wouldn't want a lawsuit from a needle
 in a rug or a sticking key if they wedge between.  Afew are still inside
 the hammer for a future tech to tear their file on.
 -Mike Jorgensen

I serviced a Kawai Studio and found a small winding separated in the string
where the hammer makes contact. Kawai sent me a new string (paid for my
services as well) and when I installed it, tuned it up, I noticed a pinging
effect.  Found a voicing needle in the hammer.  That was the culprit!

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR