Full of themselves

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:03:25 EDT

In a message dated 9/18/98 12:41:37 AM, robert.goodale@NAU.EDU wrote:

<<Sure, they are nice people and are at peace with the world.>>

Rob;
 Turn your structure around and read the above statement after the rest of
your post......
Some "performers" are definitely not "at peace with the world" and this colors
their actions and makes them very difficult to deal with.  With this type
person you will either be a 'comet' or a 'meterorite'.......as a comet your
light will shine for a long time and be put forth for the world to see.... but
as a meteorite your best efforts will be a flash in the pan....probably judged
by an emotional understanding rather than a technical failing.
   Working for people, of the specific type, you have described can be a very
rewarding experience and it can be pure hell.  For it to be a rewarding
experience there must be an understanding of "me technician"- "you
performer"-- I not tell you how perform,  you not tell me how work :-)
 This must be done tactfully of course...but it 'must' be done... otherwise
you will have a very stressful relationship with them and we don't need stress
caused by anyone else.......do we?  Communication between customer and tech is
paramount and it 'must' be structured by the tech so that it is useful rather
than causing a defensive mode to set in on either side.
 Just my view.
Jim Bryant (FL)
" as I get older I find myself asking....... is this something that I want to
do?, more and more often I find that the answer is no."
(paraphrase)
Del F.