Humidity swings

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 21:07:58 EDT

<<
 	I find myself being evasive when clients ask me, "What is the best time
 to have the piano tuned?"  If I answer the way I honestly feel, I will
 soon be swamped with work for four months of the year, with little or
 nothing to do the rest of the time, unless I want to get into rebuilding
 or take a second job, neither of which I'm interested in at this point.

 Even if I tune the piano annually at the driest or wettest times of the
 year, it will be pretty close if I return the following year during the
 same month, but in many cases I am positive it sounds terrible in
 between. >>

I agree with you.  If my customers have the piano serviced yearly, then I tell
them to have it tuned the same time each year.  Should pianos be tuned in the
summer? A PTG pamphlet mentions that tuning not only make the pianos sound
better, but equalizes the tention in the piano.  So it makes no differance
when it is tuned, as long as it is tuned at reguler intervals.  Summer tends
to slow down but I rebuild as well, and do not frett about it.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR