Repetition

Jerry Hunt jhunt@geocities.com
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 08:28:53 +0100

RptBob1@AOL.COM wrote:

> Bob:
> We ought to join forces and create a Spelling Police Society-SPS.  I just get
> more and more aware of these spelling glitches- not typographical errors- that
> are present on our site.  I wonder if the AMA website has contributors with
> similar tendencies that "take liberties" with our written language.  Typos
> occur when members want to write quickly and get their thoughts out to the
> list.  Spelling errors are more obvious.
> Imagine filling out a customer's invoice replete with many misspellings.  What
> would they think of us as professionals? Of course, the nice thing about AMA
> members is that only the Pharmacist can read his/her writing- and doesn't that
> scare you?
>
> So: how about it?  We'll split up the responsibilities. You take the odd-
> numbered weeks and I'll take the evens.
>
> Bob

Speaking of spelling, my spellchecquer (hooked on phonics) behaves rather
curiously: if I enter the words "wippen" and "whippen", it will highlight
"whippen" but not "wippen", but when I click on "whippen", it doesn't bring up
"wippen" as a possible correct spelling?!?! I would venture to say that for the
most part, the AMA has it easier. I mean, who would know if sphygno-cranial
ganglio-neuralgia is spelled correctly or not? (BTW, that's the technical name for
the headache you get from eating ice cream too fast. Known in the vernacular as
brain freeze).

--
Jerry Hunt
Dallas, TX USA