What would you do?

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Thu, 02 Dec 1999 03:41:09 PST

Dear Roger,

  Interesting that you would write this letter precisely tonight.  I was
working late in the shop, trying to finish a restoration of a Pokorney
Viennese grand due to be played on at a party Saturday night and job being
held up by my partner's stroke.   While working, I was ruminating about a
number of things you have referred to here.

  First thing is to thank you for the tip about electrician's tape to act as
a dam for epoxy.  I tried it tonight to repair an antique stool,
unfortunately it still leaked at the corners--maybe some silicon seal in the
corners next time? Otherwise it worked great!

  Second, there are many reasons,(few if not zero of them are to save money)
for not joining the PTG.  There are also many reasons FOR joining the PTG. I
believe you are correct that the list being open is a good, indeed
_excellent_ move in encouraging membership.

  Diane