Non-regulatable dampers

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 00:19:42 -0600

The action standards are floating. ? ?   Does this have screws to hold the
action in?  If they are bent, the dampers will line up diff when the
action is removed and put back in.if you do not check on this.   If the
standards are floating,  every time you press the  damper pedal the the
height of the dampers will change.  The bass dampers are really
susceptible to this.  They can also rise because the standard screws are
not tight enough even though they feel  they will break if you tighten
them more.  Use shorter screws.  Some of those consoles (both Kimball and
Wurlitizer I think) had insanely long screws and are almost always bent.
And then there are those "sleeves" that  you don't want to mix up.......
That could cause damper problems---ricfloating