Bechstein action

Bill dentonpiano@iglobal.net
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 09:36:16 -0500

>What is different about the wippen?
>
>Is it a sticker/rockerarm system. These aren't so bad once you get the hang
>of 'em. The ones I have encountered display low friction, maybe from the lack
>of the capstan to cushion rubbing.

Jon,
Yes, it is.  My intent was to either recondition them or, if available,
replace with that type of whippen.........which I realize nobody makes as a
stock part at least.   As far as retrofitting with modern whippens, I'm
aware of the time & labor involved and was trying to avoid that.  It looks
like I will recondition the old whippens.   Thanks for the input.  It's
always good to hear from those who've been there.

Bill