M&H agraffes

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 17:30:40 -0600 (CST)

An in-flight update, to whom it may concern.

I got my ordered 9/32 agraffes from Schaff today (enough to replace the set,
and a few spares). They are 36 TPI, where the originals are 34 TPI. It
figures. I'll phone them tomorrow to see if they have the appropriate tap,
since I'd probably have better luck finding live sabre tooth tigers in
Dillons than locating one of these in a local "industrial supply" house.
I'll try Dale's suggestion of JB Weld troweled into the original threads,
and re-tap to 36. I like this better than going down to 1/4" shanks since
all the shank threads will be in cast iron to at least half the thread depth
this way, with the JB filling the gaps. Realistically, I probably don't even
need the JB, but I like the insurance... if I can get a tap. Thanks for the
suggestion Dale.

The Rappaports are lobbying the Schadlers to tool up and produce the correct
M&H agraffe in the first place. If anyone would like to add their voice or
info to the cause, now's the time to call APSCO and pester the old man about it.

 Ron