Big Brother

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 07:04:10 -0600

Hi Newt,
The bank I have been using has gone through several merges and is now a big
bank.  It is like they are trying to get rid of the small clients .  They
have become less interested in the small depositor .  I will be changing
banks as soon as my house is done .  The government knows too much already
about us.
In fact they know so much about me, I wish they would tell me about myself
so I could figure out who I really am: the handsome intelligent piano
tuner-woodworker- organist or the slob I seem to be to myself.
            James Grebe
R.P.T. and M.P.T.
 from St. Louis
pianoman+AEA-inlink.com
                  Creator of:
 Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups
                  and
Practical   Piano    Benches
+ACI-Tranquility Base+ACI-
E.T.A.     April, 1999
-----Original Message-----
From: Newton Hunt +ADw-nhunt+AEA-jagat.com+AD4-
To: MPT +ADw-MPT+AEA-talklist.com+AD4AOw- pianotech+AEA-ptg.org +ADw-pianotech+AEA-ptg.org+AD4AOw-
caut+AEA-ptg.org +ADw-caut+AEA-ptg.org+AD4-
Date: Sunday, February 14, 1999 6:59 AM
Subject: Big Brother

+AD4-This was forwarded to me by my niece.
+AD4-
+AD4-This likely has more than some true since banks already profile
+AD4-customers and rank them by how much or how little they earn from
+AD4-each.  They are charging high bank fees to the less profitable, all
+AD4-profitable customers quicker access to a 'person' and forcing some
+AD4-customers to close their accounts and move to another bank.
+AD4-
+AD4-With current computer usage this would be entire too simple to
+AD4-implement.
+AD4-
+AD4-Just thought you would like to think about this.
+AD4-
+AD4- Newton
+AD4-
+AD4---------- Begin forwarded message ----------
+AD4-From: +ACI-Donald R. Kichline+ACI- +ADw-drkich+AEA-csrlink.net+AD4-
+AD4-To: +ACI-Delta Green List+ACI- +ADw-deltagreen+AEA-nocturne.org+AD4-
+AD4-Subject: DG: Big Brother
+AD4-Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 21:22:45 -0500
+AD4-Message-ID: +ADw-001201be50ae+ACQ-6ac54f80+ACQ-1a42add1+AEA-lexington+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-There is a new FDIC order to banks called +ACI-Know Your Customer+ACI- to be
+AD4-implemented on April 1st.  The FDIC is taking public input on this
+AD4-until
+AD4-March 5th.  What it does is make banks set up a file on all of its
+AD4-customers.  Example+ADs- say you have direct deposit and you have +ACQ-1000.00
+AD4-deposited every two weeks.  If you get a birthday present of +ACQ-500.00
+AD4-from a relative and went to deposit it, the bank would ask you where
+AD4-you
+AD4-got it since it is out of the ordinary.  You then have to tell them
+AD4-where you got the money.  If you were to refuse, the bank is supposed
+AD4-to
+AD4-report you to the Feds, who may or may not investigate you.  If you
+AD4-make
+AD4-a withdrawal that the bank thinks is +ACI-strange+ACI-, they can ask what you
+AD4-are going to do with the money.  This rule is to crack down on money
+AD4-laundering but as you can see, it is a huge infringement on ordinary
+AD4-people.  As usual, law abiding citizens are being harassed because of
+AD4-criminals.  A congressman from Texas is trying to stop this rule.  He
+AD4-has introduced House Bill 220, which would stop this immediately.
+AD4-Call
+AD4-or write your congressmen and tell them you are upset with the FDIC
+AD4AIg-Know Your Customer+ACI- Rule for banks and that you want them to support
+AD4-Bill 220.  You can also write or email the FDIC directly to complain
+AD4-about this.
+AD4-
+AD4---------- End forwarded message ----------
+AD4-