Learning regulation (renamed)

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:09:40 -0500

While I did pass the RPT tests, I still know too little about grand
regulating.  My question is, how do I go about getting the experience
I need?  I have the video set "37 Steps" by LaRoy Edwards, and I've
taken a number of classes on regulating, and assisted another technician
in doing a full regulation, but now what?  I would hate to practice in a
client's home, but I don't have any others to work on at my disposal.
Or should I buy an old junker just for practice?

I also live with the concern that, only half knowing what I am doing,
the piano might be worse afterward than if I had left it alone.  Of the
things I don't know that I think I should, this one bothers me the
most.  Is there a harmless place to start that can only help the piano
without starting a chain of events that can't be stopped?  Suggestions?

Clyde Hollinger
Lititz, PA