S&S Capo

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 08:03:45 +0000

The glue comes right off with a screwdriver blade or whatever.
I haven't found it does that much to the tone or maybe I didn't
put a big enough drop.  I have seen Steinways from the factory
with some kind of material right at the plate capo (closest to
the tuning pins).  This is a good place to add a bit of material
so as to not lose all the extraneous noise.

David Ilvedson

> Putting glue on the string is an interesting idea, but is harder to reverse if
> you change your mind.
> Pat Wethington

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA