List Meet in KC?

Thu, 25 Feb 1999 20:51:18 -0600

(940) 691-6843 fax
http://www.ptg.org/1999/conv/

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 1999 7:01 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: RE: List Meet in KC?

In a message dated 2/25/99 9:52:27 AM, Conrad wrote:

<<"As I recall, at Dearborn the get-together was arranged, rather on an ad
hoc
basis, to be during one of the mini-technical session slots.

Logistics to do this at KC may already be out of the question.">>

Conrad;
 Ron Berry and I kinda co-hosted and set up the get together at Dearborn. We
felt that it would be helpful to settle the air a little bit and provide an
opportunity to get to tag familiar names with faces, discuss ettiquette
questions, etc.  The get together was for PTG-L and pianotech and I feel was
very constructive and worthwhile.
  What we had to do was find an empty room and schedule it during the
minitech
session for 'one' period (45 minutes) only.  We then posted signs telling
everyone where and when it was going to be and I must say that we had
literally standing room only.  That is where I first met Newton 'and' why I
know that his self description of tall, dark, and handsome, is not entirely
correct :-)
  I think that all it would take would be for someone to take the initiative
in KC and find the room, put up signs and have at it.........perhaps the
list
might suggest topics for discussion ??
Jim Bryant (FL)