Optics: Technical, not piano - perhaps clutter

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:13:57 -0600

Moisture in the air in layers, will give some strange refraction effect's.
The strangest that thing I ever saw was walking in fog high in the
mountains, where the people in front appeared to have a halo.
I think it is called the Bachausen Effect. Closest that I will ever come to
being a Saint.
When I walked in front and looked back no effect. But guess what I wore the
halo.
A musical comment, no harps!!!!!
Roger

At 12:46 AM 13/07/00 -0400, you wrote:

>In a message dated 7/13/2000 12:06:34 AM, you wrote:
>
><<It's
>
>apparently a refraction thing, since the viewing angle was so narrow and
>
>definite. This really intrigues me, since it isn't obvious to me how it
>
>works, and is, indeed, downright wrong by what I think I know but is, at
>
>the same time, obviously real.>>

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213