square grand regulation

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:40:51 -0700

Run as fast as you can in the opposite direction...actually you do have to
do a few of these for the experience...If a note doesn't work the thread
tied to the spring that pulls jack back is probably broken.  Repair with
doubled up fishing line and toothpicks/glue for the hole.  Hammers often rub
their neighbors.  I remove the dampers and tune with a SAT II, plucking
strings and I don't use any checks.  I just get it done as quickly as
possible and leave.  Make sure to let the owner know that it will never much
of a piano but you will do your best.  NO WARRANTY!

David I.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Eliot Lee
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 9:56 PM
To: Ptech
Subject: square grand regulation

HI

    I am about to tune a square grand but I don't know how to regulate them
or even open up the action.  I heard that they do not have a repetition
lever and would like to know of any books recommended to bone up on before
going into the field.  I already borrowed a double tuning head.
    Any tips?

Thanks,

Eliot Lee