Voicing new Yamaha Hammers

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 20:16:58 EDT

Today I tuned a 1 year old C2 Yamaha, and she had requested extra time for me
to do some voicing. The piano was 15 cents low, and quite a few unisons out
of whack in the upper treble. After I tuned the piano, it actually sounded
quit nice, so I asked her specifically what notes she wanted me to work on.
She was astounded at how nice the piano sounded.

The previous tuner, one recommended by the dealer, (not a member, and claims
he doesn't need to be one), just didn't tune it right, especially the
unisons. I wonder if I should send the guy a note explaining the problems? I
have followed this guy a number of times, and he just doesn't have a clue as
to what unisons are supposed to be like, much less a temperament. And he
never brings a piano up to pitch.

Willem

Chalk