Clutter - Non technical

Roy Ulrich ulrich@rangenet.com
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 07:54:13 -0500

Lets put this to bed.

First, let me thank all you people who through private E-mail have =
offered your support of my position that personal messages would be =
better sent as private E-mail rather than being posted to "the list" to =
encomber and annoy those of us who have absolutely no interest in your =
personal relationships. As I recall, the mission statement for "the =
list" indicated that it is open to anyone and everyone for the purpose =
of exchanging technical information about pianos and the piano industry. =
That to me does not include the =
hi-how-are-ya-nice-meeting-you-too-hope-to-see-you-in-St.-Louis stuff. =
The occasional banter, humor, and anecdotes are more than welcome I'm =
sure, by everyone, including yours truly.

I apologize if I stepped on some toes. However, like most of you, I have =
a full plate on top of which has been placed jury duty in a high profile =
kidnapping / murder case that I was unable to escape. If my patience =
seems a little short I hope you can understand the fact that there will =
be a couple of months that my schedule is to be stretched to it's max - =
my customers are being delayed, my family life is being inconvenienced, =
and the grass needs attention. To be castigated and called names by a =
couple of you for asking a question about the rules of "the list" and =
making a respectfull suggestion seems out of character for those who =
profess professionalism and demand respect as a result of initials after =
your name. It seems that just about every time I consider making =
application to the Guild I get flamed by one of you who chastise me for =
not already being such. Apparently you don't have a clue what affect =
your harshness has in this situation. Perhaps your Guild should offer a =
"Dale Carnegie" course as one of the options as well.

I think it's absolutely wonderful that there exists the amount of =
friendship and open communication that this forum displays, but hope you =
can appreciate the fact that from time to time you might recieve a bit =
of criticism. And rightly so, in my opinion. It is not my desire to =
alienate anyone. Many who have responded off-list have indicated =
agreement on this issue and seem to choose not to participate in the =
debate as a result of the same complaints I'm offering. It's up to you. =
Believe it or not, there are some of us out here who can share some =
knowledge with you whether or not we've passed a test or two by your =
organization. After 50 years on this planet I for one, have realized =
that the most important things I've learned, I'd learned in Kindergarden =
- get the book.

Roy Ulrich
Virginia, MN