Disc piano comparisons

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 07:57:21 -0500

>I've never had the opportunity to say it personally, but I can just imagine
>how it might feel to tell someone that "I won't put a player system on that
>piece of junk piano.  Get a real piano and we'll talk about it!"   ...it
>actually felt pretty good just to type it!  <grin>
>
>Brian Trout

It didn't go exactly like that, but I have. I have installed one PianoDisc
system, in a customer's Knabe I was rebuilding for her. I consented to
install it myself to have my own way as to how the piano was cut into, and
to insure that the pedals worked when it was done. Months later, one of her
friends had seen it at a party and called, wanting me to put a system in
her old Everett grand so she could play it at parties too. The Everett had
been refinished (naturally) in antiqued white with gold trim, but was used
up internally and barely playable. I offered to do it if she had the piano
rebuilt like her friend had, but that wasn't what she wanted to hear, and I
got the impression she didn't hear any of the discussion I offered as to
why either.

Ron N