Why and assiciate? Why an RPT?

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 22:56:38 PDT

Rob said,

>These questions are a bit elementary and honestly I'm a little suprised
>that
there would be such a response on this list.

No question is elementary unless taken cavalierly.  Questions are the only
way towards the answers you seek.
The following two answers you gave are great _starting points_.

>     B.  They greatly further their education and business practices and
>are
less likely to leave disasters behind them.

Another way of putting this to a potential member might be; Do you have any
interest in furthering your education  or learning new business practices
that might enable you to increase your income?  These are some of the
questions that we are addressing at PTG meetings.

How about:  If you would join us, we could learn techniques from each other
that would benefit all of us, I understand you are quite an expert with
polishing ivories........

We could explore new technologies and new materials and how they can be
applied to working on pianos.

>    C.  More associates makes a chapter stronger and has a greater impact
>on a community.

      We would like to have a greater impact on the community so that people
would gain a better understanding of how to take proper care of their
instruments.  If you were to join us, together we could reach more
people......blah, blah, blah.......

The Guild WANTS associates to become RPTs. The objective is to create a
better
"you", ("Be all you can be", as the Army jingle goes).

You might tell the potential member; "We have a guild with the objective to
become better technicians and individuals than we are now and we need others
to help us with this.

>Something to think about.

It is all definitely something to think about.  As I said before,  a lot of
techs I know are very creative individuals and if they really turned that
creativity towards the question you asked (how to get more members) then I
think you would enjoy tremendous success.
Diane