Frozen or Binding regulating screws

Larry J. Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 18:34:38 -0700

Arnie,
I would try application of heat to the metal adjusting screws.. I've used
it on old upright actions to free let-off screws, I don't know why it
would not work on all others.  Caution, experiment slowly on some samples
to find out how long to apply the heat, you don't want to schorch the
wood or loosen them too much.

I have a "zapper" built for center pin heating that I use, but I don't
know why one could not use a soldering iron.

Larry Messerly RPT
Phoenix/Prescott
A Real "Bald-one"
All messages ©