Frozen or Binding regulating screws

Carl W. Meyer cmpiano@earthlink.net
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 20:5:37 -0700

Arnie;  Try heating the screw where it goes thru the wood.  One way is to
use a filament transformer of about 6 volts at 3 amps and with two metal
probes, pass current thru the screws.  You may have to test a few to find
the optimum time of application. The probes will arc so put them where it
won't damage the surface that will contact felt or something.

Carl Meyer

Prolube
> liquid, which I will. But I would like to have more than one card up my
> sleeve before I start this job. Can anyone suggest other approaches?  I
> thought of  Liquid Wrench, but would it harm the action?
> Thanks,
>
> Arnie
> Arnold D. Moss
> Associate Member, PTG