Pinblock/Frame Separation

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 07:28:37 -0400

I believe at the beginning of this thread someone mentioned using 5/8" bolts
through the top.  Which size do those few piano manufacturers who go the
whole way through the top use?  5/8" would certainly do the job, but if I
ever saw bolts that size in a piano I would probably regard it as overkill.
I've been using 5/16" with good success, and if a little attention is paid
to cosmetics, it would be possible for even a (not too observant) piano
technician not to notice the repair.

Regards, Clyde