M & H 'A' Hammers

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 13:41:22 EDT

In a message dated 7/29/2000 12:23:03 PM, avery@ev1.net writes:

<<"#64619,
which I believe puts it in the 20's, before Aeolian. Right? ">>

Avery;
 According to my atlas this thingee was made circa 1958 :-(.  Well, it still
is well worth re-whatevering.
 This dating opens up the hammer selection considerably as I think that M&H
was using Preimer (sp?) hammers at that time.
 I have had very good results from the 'Standard' Renner Blues with M&H...
and on the few that I have installed Wally's 'Standard' Encore Abels on I
have been satisfied. I don't think that weight with either of these two
should be a significant problem, at least it hasn't been with me.
 Lloyd and Wally both offer "light" versions of these hammers but I don't
think they would serve as well in the circumstances you describe, although
they are just fine for smaller grands with lesser demands then what yours is
apparently gonna get.
  Others will probably suggest a different hammer but my selection would be
between the two I have mentioned for numerous reasons, none needfully being
that other hammers would be 'wrong' for this particualr thingee.
Jim Bryant (FL)