Sore point (was QRS question)

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 16:58:41 EDT

In a message dated 7/29/2000 4:17:29 PM, RNossaman@KSCABLE.com writes:

<<"That's my point, justified or not.">>

Ron;
 I think your point is fully justified and that your take on profit center
treatment of player retrofitting is spot on.  I always fit 'all' working
pedals to function when doing an installation...well with the exception of a
M&H I did recently where there literally was not enough room to make the
sostenuto work due to having to relocate the position of the shift pedal and
moving the entire lyre forward.  The problem was in the physical space at the
top of the pedal rods as well as the location of the sostenuto mechanism in
relation to the  solenoid rail.  When, after hours of studying, mocking up
and trial and error I called the owner and explained the problem...he
said...."That is perfectly alright, it is just a piece of furniture
anyway"...................So I dummied up the pedal and finished the
installation...but I still don't feel right about it.
Jim Bryant (FL)