Arlington 2000 travel

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Tue, 02 May 2000 20:38:21 -0400

John Ross wrote:

> Hi,
> Am I supposed to take it that I shouldn't venture from the hotel, if I
> want to be safe?

Well John, it ain't Nova Scotia! Why don't you nominate Halifax for an upcoming
Annual Institute -- that would be a great (and very safe) host site.
But seriously, there *are* parts of town you don't want to be wandering around at
night unless you're looking for trouble. That's just life in the Big City (and it
was that way when I was a young'un in the early 50s), and many others (Boston,
Cleveland, etc.).
Patrick