Short scale (was re: Decal for 1866 Steinway...)

Clark caccola@net1plus.com
Sat, 04 Nov 2000 10:07:26 -0200

Hi again,

Swenson's table shows two high S&s forks - the 457.2hz (NY) and a
454.7hz (London), and now I recall a '70s grand with a strange treble
scale (a "C-minus", albeit too early in my experience for any better
detail). Short of wire testing and specific factory documentation (as
presented, I don't think the two forks qualify this), comparing Bill's
with other scales should permit a reasonable guess.

Clark