Terms

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 09:49:32 -0600

> My two sons restore pianos at the Chinook Keyboard Museum in
> Calgary under the guidance of Bill Garlick. They are currently rebuilding
> a Pleyel Duo Clave. For those who aren't familiar with this instrument, it
> is a rectangular shaped grand with a keyboard and pedals at each end.
> One massive plate, two complete sets of strings. The reason Bill
> chose to rebuild as apposed to restore, was the piano suffered extreme
> water damage and was literally in pieces. Missing most of the veneer,
> completely delaminated blocks etc.
>
> Bob

Is this the piano Bill had stored at Steinway, lo these many years ago when he
worked there? If it is, I saw it on it's side, partially uncovered for a quick
glimpse. We didn't get to swarm all over it and look it over like we all wanted
to, but it looked to me like a wonderful contraption - long as I didn't have to
move it.

Ron N