Cents=Lbs

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 15:17:11 -0500

Hmmm.  54 pounds per cent.  Ok.

I hadn't thought to make that formulation but as you said it
is interesting enough to make the effort worth the it

I think we are looking at plate flex at this level.  Board
flex is negligible.  Al Sanderson proved that by measuring
the notes of an upright, removed the bass strings remeasured
and plotted the differences.  The middle section went up
some and then down toward the treble brace but dropped to 0
at the other side of the brace.  That proved to me it is all
plate compression not board compression.  Neat little trick
he pulled.  He just put the graph up, said how it was
obtained.  I looked at that for a few seconds and then the
flashbulb went off.  Al had been contending this for years
and I didn't believe him until I saw that graph.  Q.E.D.

I just love graphs.  A column of numbers is not informative
to me but graph it and I grasp it.

Have a nice day friend.

		Newton